Parmesan Basil Shrimp Poutine is delicious and satisfying! Crispy fried seasoned French fries are topped with Old Bay seasoned shrimp, creamy Parmesan basil sauce, melted cheese curds, and diced green onions and served in individual dishes.
- 1 green onion (for garnish – optional)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 lb shrimp (tails and shells removed, deveined)
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- Old Bay seasoning, to taste
- 2 cups seasoned French fries
- Oil for frying
- 5 oz cheese curds
How to make Parmesan Basil Shrimp Poutine:
- Dice the green onion and set aside.
- Heat the heavy cream in a saucepan and simmer on medium low, about 15 minutes, until cream is reduced by half.
- Stir in the Parmesan cheese, basil, salt and pepper. Lower the heat and keep warm while you prepare the shrimp and fries.
- Heat the oil in a high sided pan on medium-high heat or a deep fryer to 375 degrees F (190 C).
- Deep fry the French fries about 5 minutes until crisp. Drain on a plate lined with paper towels. Set aside.
- Rinse the shrimp and pat dry with paper towel.
- Sprinkle the shrimp with Old Bay seasoning to taste. Click for Old Bay Seasoning.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat. Add the butter until melted.
- Cook the shrimp, stirring often, until pink and opaque, about 5 minutes and drain.
- Place the French fries in two 18.6 ounce oven safe baking dishes, divided evenly. Click for 18.6 ounce oven safe baking dishes.
- Top the fries with the shrimp, divided evenly.
- Pour the cream sauce over the shrimp, divided evenly.
- Sprinkle in the cheese curds and green onion if desired.
- Broil for 3 – 5 minutes until cheese curds are melted. Serve on trivets or pot holders to protect tables or counter tops.
2 thoughts on “Loaded Shrimp and Fries”
My wife and i ended up being now peaceful when Emmanuel managed to round up his research while using the precious recommendations he acquired out of the site. It’s not at all simplistic to just find yourself giving out information and facts the others have been trying to sell. So we recognize we now have the writer to thank because of that. All of the illustrations you’ve made, the straightforward web site menu, the relationships you can give support to promote – it is most spectacular, and it’s really making our son in addition to our family recognize that this theme is excellent, and that is highly fundamental. Thank you for the whole thing!