MY MOM’S FAMOUS CREAM PUFFS
LOVE CREAM PUFFS? THEN YOU MUST TRY MY MOM’S FAMOUS RECIPE!!!!! UNBELIEVABLE!!!
These cream puffs are unlike any others you may have had before. For my mom’s famous cream puffs, the secret lies in her amazing filling. Some try to pass off a filling of bland vanilla pudding. Not this time. This filling does have a pudding base but with the addition of heavy cream whipped in you just can’t go wrong. It is rich, decadent and everything a cream puff filling should be! The shells are also ultra light making them the perfect vessel to hold all of that yummy cream! You can even make the shells ahead of time and freeze them! You can make the cream a day ahead, too. Then just stuff them before serving. I have even stuffed them the night before and they were perfect the next day. I would just hold off on the powdered sugar or it can get funky in the refrigerator. Sprinkle it on with a small sieve or shaker right before you serve them! If powdered sugar is not your thing, then you can try drizzling the tops with melted chocolate. That’s definitely never a bad idea! I have one below that you can see drizzled with chocolate! Sprinkles would also be fun on top and the kids would go crazy for that!
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1c flour
- 4 eggs
MOM’S FAMOUS FILLING:
- 1 PINT HEAVY CREAM
- 1 PACKAGE (3.4 OUNCES) INSTANT VANILLA PUDDING
- ⅓ CUP MILK
- Bring the water, butter and vanilla to a boil. Add flour.
- Stir constantly until it leaves the side of the pot and forms a ball. Remove and cool.
- Beat in the 4 eggs, one at a time until smooth.
- Drop by T. onto parchment lined cookie sheets (You want 8 for nice large ones) and bake at 400 degrees for about 40 minutes.
- (Pro tip: Can poke with a toothpick once out of the oven, then return them to the oven with it shut OFF and crack the door while they cool. This prevents them from deflating)
- LET COOL.
- Slice in half and pipe or scoop in Mom’s filling. Dust with powdered sugar or pour on melted chocolate.
- Beat all in mixer until thick!