Take one classic American dessert recipe, and add a modern touch by serving it as individually sized cakes. These mini desserts can be made with fresh or canned pineapple.
- 1/4cup butter, melted
- 3/4cup packed brown sugar
- 3cans (8 oz each) pineapple slices in juice, drained reserving juice
- 12maraschino cherries
- 1box Betty Crocker™ Super Moist™ yellow cake mix
- 1cup pineapple juice (from cans of pineapple)
- 1/2cup vegetable oil
- 1Heat oven to 350°F. Place 1 teaspoon melted butter in each of 12 ungreased jumbo or large muffin cups. Add 1 tablespoon brown sugar to each muffin cup. Place 1 pineapple slice in each cup; place 1 cherry in the center of each pineapple slice.
- 2In a large bowl, beat cake mix, 1 cup pineapple juice, the oil, and eggs with an electric mixer on low speed until moistened; beat for 2 minutes on high speed. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups.
- 3Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown and cakes spring back with touched lightly in center. Cool cakes in cups for 5 to 10 minutes.
- 4Place cookie sheet upside down over each muffin pan; turn the cookie sheet and muffin pan over. Remove pan. Serve cakes warm.
Tips from the Betty Crocker Kitchens
- tip 1These pineapple upside-down mini cakes can also be made with Betty Crocker™ Super Moist™ butter recipe or white cake mix.
- tip 2These mini cakes can even be made with fresh pineapple. Just core and slice a fresh pineapple, and use in place of the canned pineapple slices.
360 Calories, 16g Total Fat, 2g Protein, 53g Total Carbohydrate, 38g Sugars
More About This Recipe
- What’s sweeter than pineapple upside-down cake? Adorable mini pineapple upside-down cakes to share with family and friends! With just seven ingredients and 60 minutes total, you can serve up these easy miniature desserts to a crowd. Want a fresher take on this sweet treat? Replace the canned pineapple with fresh pineapple and simply use 1 cup of pineapple juice in the cake mix. If you’re a baking novice, we’ve got the kitchen-tested cake-making tips to make you a pro, and this recipe is an excellent place to start.