- Deselect All
- 1 1/2 pounds (about 3 potatoes) round, white thin-skinned potatoes
- 1 large sweet onion
- Coarse salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, 1 turn of the pan
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Heat a 10-inch heavy skillet over medium high heat.
- Slice potatoes and onions very thin. Salt potatoes and onions. Add oil and butter to the pan. When the butter foams, add potatoes and onions to the skillet.
- Place a dinner plate on top of potatoes and weight it with any heavy object: a sack of flour, heavy canned goods, etc. Let the potatoes and onions crust, 2 to 3 minutes, then turn, replace weights, and let them crust again. Keep turning the potatoes and onions over for about 20 minutes, until they are evenly golden and crusted.
2 thoughts on “Potatoes and Onions”
So glad to find this site. So many great recipes.