- 2 cups dry pasta – I used elbows
- 1 lb. 16-20 ct shrimp – peeled, deveined, and boil per package directions
- 1/3 cup celery – small dice
- 2/3 cup onion – small dice
- 1/3 cup roasted red peppers – small dice
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp. Italian dressing – I used Wishbone Robusto Italian
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 pinch salt
Peel and clean your shrimp and add them to salted boiling water. I had what they call Pink Shrimp and cooked them for two minutes. Once cooked, drain and shock in ice water to prevent them from cooking more. Set aside.
Cook your pasta according to box directions.
Prep the celery, onion, and roasted red peppers – all very small dice.
To make the dressing, combine the mayonnaise, Italian dressing, black pepper and salt and mix well to combine. Makes about 2/3 cup.
In a large bowl add the pasta, celery, onions, and roasted red peppers.
Cut each shrimp into thirds or fourths depending on size and add to the bowl.
Add the dressing to the pasta and shrimp and toss to coat. Refrigerate for about 20 minutes then serve.