Serve these scallops with lots of crusty bread as an appetizer or on a grilled steak for surf and turf.
- 6 sea scallops
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic, finely minced
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 pinch of Cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green onion tops
Spicy Southern fried chicken!
- Step 1Fill a medium pot with warm water, attach the sous vide and set temperature to 123 degrees F (51 degrees C) and timer to 30 minutes.
- Step 2Remove the tough muscle from the side of the scallops, if present, and lightly season with salt and pepper. Transfer scallops in a resealable plastic bag and remove all the air using the water immersion method.
- Step 3Place the scallops in the pot when the temperature has reached 123 degrees F (51 degrees C). Cook until timer goes off.
- Step 4Remove scallops from the bag and pat dry; if scallops are wet, they will not sear well.
- Step 5Heat oil in a small skillet over medium-high heat until it shimmers. Add scallops and sear until lightly brown, about 2 minutes. Turn and cook for 1 more minute. Remove from skillet and move to a warmed dish.
- Step 6Add garlic to skillet and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Deglaze skillet with white wine and lemon, scraping up any browned bits. Mix in parsley and Cajun seasoning; simmer sauce for 2 minutes. Stir in butter until just melted. Spoon sauce over scallops, sprinkle with green onion tops, and serve.