Creamy macaroni and cheese made on the stovetop are so much better than anything from a box! This homemade shells and cheese recipe will become your family’s favorite mac and cheese!
- ½ lb uncooked shells or similar short pasta
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cup milk I used 2%
- salt & pepper to taste
- pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 ½ cup sharp cheddar shredded
- ½ cup three cheese blend shredded
- In a large pot, bring salted water to boil and cook your noodles.
- Drain noodles and set them aside.
- Using the same pot (or a new one if you like to do dishes), melt the butter over medium-high heat until bubbly. Whisk in the flour, one tablespoon at a time, making sure to fully cook each addition.
- Cook the flour until it is no longer raw. The mixture (a roux) should be thick and pale yellow.
- Add in the milk, while whisking. Continue cooking until the mixture thickens and is creamy.
- Season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Remove from heat and stir in your cheese(s). Stir until fully melted and incorporated.
- Add your drained pasta to the cheese mixture and stir to fully coat.
- Season with additional pepper and enjoy!
Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream
Serving: 1gCalories: 389kcalCarbohydrates: 35gProtein: 16gFat: 21gSaturated Fat: 12gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 59mgSodium: 268mgPotassium: 211mgFiber: 1gSugar: 4gVitamin A: 618IUCalcium: 346mgIron: 1mg
Nutritional information is an estimate and provided to you as a courtesy. You should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe using your preferred nutrition calculator.
2 thoughts on “Stovetop Creamy Macaroni & Cheese”
Watch the best Xvideos com videos, free movies, mobile xvideos,
and download for on this tube https://t.me/xvideos_xvideo