Taco Pizza is a Mexican meets Italian dinner. Pizza dough topped with beans, salsa, beef, cheese, and all the toppings.
If you’re looking to switch up your Taco Tuesday, this Taco Pizza is the perfect twist on dinner!
TACO PIZZA RECIPE
I just came back from a seven day social media break. It. Was. Fabulous. I’m a person who gets major anxiety every time I hear my phone ring or vibrate. I have my phone on Do Not Disturb so that it affects me less.
Here’s what I learned from my social media break:
- Multitasking has made my efficiency in doing anything plummet. I go to the gym and scroll on Pinterest. I sit outside the grocery store trying to make a grocery list and next thing I know I’m looking at my sister’s friend’s aunt’s recipe for cookies. When you take it all away, I’m focused. Tasks are done quickly. Workouts are in and out. Done.
- I have a new desire to get rid of the fluff. Anyone that doesn’t make me feel good about my life…unfollow. Accounts that create noise instead of value…unfollow. And noise isn’t humor. Noise is just that…noise. You know what I mean.
- Social media keeps me close to family and friends. I live thousands of miles away from all my friends and family. I visit once maybe twice a year. Online connections are all I have. Feeling like I’m a part of their lives and their kids lives are because of the power of social media. Without it, I felt very out of the loop and very disconnected.
Okay back to the Taco Pizza. Ya’ll if you haven’t had Taco Pizza, you’re really missing out. You know I love these Taco Pizza Rolls, well these are like the grandma of those.
Instead of a tortilla, pizza crust. Refried beans and salsa are serving as our “sauce”. Think a crisp pizza crust with a gooey cheese, seasoned taco meat, beans, salsa, olives (I add these out of obligation if I’m being honest), tomatoes, green onions, and sour cream.
Notes for this Taco Pizza:
You can make or buy pizza dough. Bakeries often sell premade dough for around $2. Your dough may range in weight between 12-16 ounces. If you like a thick crust, use a 12″ pan and for a thinner crust use a 14″ or 16″ pan. You could even use a 9×13 pan!
Taco Pizza is a Mexican meets Italian dinner. Pizza dough topped with beans, salsa, beef, cheese, and all the toppings.If you’re looking to switch up your Taco Tuesday, this Taco Pizza is the perfect twist on dinner!
- 1 (12-16 ounce) pizza dough (depending on if you want thick or thin crust)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (1 ounce) package of taco seasoning
- 1 (15 ounce) can refried beans
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (or Mexican blend)
- sliced olives (about 1/4 cup)
- Toppings: diced tomatoes, sliced green onions, and sour cream
- Let pizza dough rest at room temperature for about 20 minutes.
- While dough is resting, brown beef in a skillet. Add the taco seasoning, add water called for on the package, and cook according to the package instructions. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Press the or roll the dough onto a 12-inch pizza pan or larger pan (see note).Bake for 8 minutes. Remove from oven.
- In a small bowl, stir together the refried beans and salsa. Spread a thin layer onto the pizza crust. If you are using a 12-inch pan you might not need all of it. If you’re using a larger pizza pan or a 9×13 pan you will use all of it.
- Sprinkle with the taco meat, cheese, and olives. Bake for about 5 minutes or until cheese is completely melted. Remove from the oven and top with tomatoes and green onions. You can add sour cream to the center or let everyone top their own.
You can make or buy pizza dough. Your bakery often will sell it premade (around $2). It will range in weight between 12-16 ounces. If you like a thick crust, use a 12″ pan and for a thinner crust use a 14″ or 16″ pan. You could even use a 9×13 pan.