- 1 cup butter (2 sticks)
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 Tablespoon. vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup chocolate chips I used Ghiradelli baking chips, per usual
Read also: Honey BAKED HAM
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 9×13 baking dish with foil, allowing it to hang over the edges. Spray foil with non-stick spray and set aside.
- In a small pot, melt butter over medium low heat. Once completely melted, add in the sugar and stir together. Continue cooking for 1-2 minutes, stirring continually. Don’t let it boil.
- Pour the butter/sugar mixture into a large bowl (or your stand mixer bowl). Add in cocoa powder and mix to combine.
- Add in eggs, salt, baking powder and vanilla. Beat until fully incorporated.
- With the mixer on low, slowly add in flour until just combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips and make sure they are evenly distributed.
- Pour the batter into your prepared pan and bake for approximately 30 minutes, until a toothpick comes out with moist crumbs attached.
- Cool in the pan on a wire rack.
- Once cool, lift the brownies out of the pan using the foil overhang. Peel back the foil and cut into squares.
- Store in an airtight container.