This Cajun shrimp scampi is so quick and easy you can make it any weeknight. But it is so fancy and tasty you just might want to save it for special occasions!
- 1 lb shrimp
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 Tbsp Cajun seasoning (see note 1)
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- Salt to taste
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese for garnishing
Try it, you may like it: garlic butter shrimp
- Heat olive oil and 3 Tbsp butter in sauce pan over medium heat.
- Add garlic, sauté 30-60 seconds.
- Add white wine, reduce 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in shrimp and Cajun seasoning. Cook 3-5 minutes, depending on size of shrimp. The shrimp should be almost fully cooked.
- Add remaining butter, lemon juice and cream. Stir and cook an additional minute.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, as well as parsley.
- Serve hot over pasta or zoodles.
Try it, you may like it: Cajun Fried Shrimp