creamy garlic mushrooms and bacon in a mouthwatering parmesan cheese sauce as a side or main. the best low carb or keto mushroom recipe!
Done in less than 15 minutes, this will become your NEW favorite way to enjoy Sautéed Mushrooms! Filling, hearty, and exceptionally delicious, you’ve never had mushrooms like this before. Creamy Garlic Mushrooms with bacon will become your new food addiction.
- 8 ounces (250 g) bacon, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 26 ounces (750 g) of brown mushrooms, washed (pat dry with a paper towel)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup dry white wine (or chicken broth/stock)
- 6 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups (400 ml) heavy cream, (thickened cream or evaporated milk)
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped thyme
- Salt and pepper to season
- 1/2 cup fresh shredded or grated mozzarella
- 1/4 cup fresh shredded or grated parmesan cheese
- Fry the bacon in a large oven-safe skillet over medium heat until crispy. Use a slotted spoon to transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to soak up some of the oil. Set aside.
- In the same pan, melt the butter. Add the mushrooms, drizzle with oil and mix through, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Fry for 2-3 minutes to lightly brown mushrooms and release their juices (if any).
- Pour in the wine (or broth) and let reduce for 2 minutes, while occasionally stirring. (Preheat broiler or oven grill.)
- Add in the garlic and stir it through for a minute, until fragrant. Pour in the cream and herbs. Reduce heat down to low. Gently simmer until tender (about 4-5 minutes) and the sauce is slightly thickened. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the bacon back in and give everything a good mix to combine all of the flavors together. Top the mushrooms with mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
- Broil until cheese is melted and bubbly and mushrooms are done to your liking (about 3-5 minutes).
- Serve warm.
Calories: 387kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 35g | Saturated Fat: 18g | Cholesterol: 99mg | Sodium: 350mg | Potassium: 625mg | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 820IU | Vitamin C: 0.8mg | Calcium: 144mg | Iron: 0.7mg
1 thought on “Creamy garlic mushrooms & bacon”