- 3-12 ounce rib-eye steaks ,
- 1 1/4-inch-thick
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- , to taste
For the Garlic Butter:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter , at room temperature
- 3 cloves garlic , minced (especially wonderful if you use roasted garlic)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- To make the garlic steak butter, combine butter, garlic, salt, and pepper. Transfer the mixture to parchment paper; shape into a log. Roll in parchment to 1 1/2 inches in diameter, twisting the ends to close. Refrigerate until ready to use, up to 1 week.
- Preheat oven to broil. Place an oven-proof skillet, we prefer to use our Lodge Cast Iron Skillet, in the oven.
- Using paper towels, pat both sides of the steak dry. This is essential to get a nice caramelization on the steak. Drizzle with olive oil; season with salt and pepper evenly to taste.
- Remove the skillet from the oven and heat over medium-high heat on the stovetop.
- Once the pan is hot, place the steak in the middle of the skillet and cook until a dark crust has formed, about 1 minute. Using tongs, flip, and cook for an additional 60 seconds.
- Remove the skillet from the stove.
- Place your skillet into the oven and cook until desired doneness is reached, about 4-5 minutes for medium-rare, flipping once. Let rest for 3-5 minutes, tented, not wrapped with foil.
- Serve immediately with a slice of garlic butter.
Read More: CHEWY BROWN SUGAR CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE RECIPE