When I was a young kid, I loved being my mother’s helper in the kitchen, especially when she made her famous potato salad. I always beat my siblings to the front of the taste tester line on southern-style potato salad days because it was my absolute favorite!
- 3 pounds of russet potatoes
- 1 cup of mayo (adjust if you want more or less)
- ¼ Grey Poupon Dijon Mustard
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp of sugar
- ½ cup sweet pickles
- 1 stalk of chopped celery
- 1 medium Vidalia onion, chopped
- 4 large, hard-boiled eggs, cut into pieces
How To Make Easy Southern Potato Salad
- Fill a large pot with water and add potatoes.
- Bring the pot to a boil and cook potatoes until tender enough for a knife to go through easily.
- Once fully cooked, add the potatoes to an ice bath to shock and cool.
- Once the potatoes are fully cooled, peel off the skin and cut them into large chunks
- In a separate bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, apple cider vinegar, and sugar.
- Pour mixture over potatoes and add in sweet pickles, celery, Vidalia onion, and the hard-boiled eggs.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix well and enjoy!