Hasselback potatoes are perfect for the big game, or as a side to your favorite dinner. Our version is loaded with cheese and all your favorite toppings.
- 6medium russet potatoes
- 6tablespoons salted butter
- 1clove garlic, minced or grated
- 6slices thick cut bacon, chopped
- 8ounces sharp cheddar cheese, sliced
- 1/2cup greek yogurt or sour cream
- 4whole green onions, chopped
- 1/4cup pickled jalapeños (optional)
- 1/2cup guacamole (optional)
- 1/2cup buffalo sauce (optional)
- 1/2cup blue cheese, crumbled (optional)
- 1Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- 2Slice the potatoes thinly (about an 1/8 inch) without cutting all the way through the bottom. Place the potatoes on a prepared baking sheet. Carefully rub the garlic on the insides of the slices and then stuff the sliced butter between a few of the cuts. Season the potatoes with salt and pepper.
- 3Bake until crispy on the top and tender in the middle, about 1 hour.
- 4Meanwhile, cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp. Remove and drain on a papper towel.
- 5Remove the potatoes from the oven and stuff the slices of cheese in between a few of the slits. Grate any remaining cheese and sprinkle it over top of the potatoes. Sprinkle on the bacon. Return the potatoes to the oven until the cheese has melted, about 5 minutes.
- 6Assemble the toppings and remove the potatoes from the oven. Top with with sour cream and green onions. Add any remaining topping as desired! Dig in!
535.3 Calories, 37.2g Total Fat, 18.5g Protein, 33.3g Total Carbohydrate, 2.5g Sugars