Peach season is pretty much the best time of the year, am I right?! I love going to “pick your own” farms or buying a large box from a local vendor. Peaches are one of those things I could never get sick of! I have too many favorite peach recipes that I rotate through them each season, starting with my favorite homemade Peach freezer jam.
This peach cobbler recipe comes from my mom, and it is a family favorite recipe she made for us all the time growing up! The best part about it is that it literally takes 5 minutes to throw together! My mom often used a quart jar of homemade canned peaches, but you can also use fresh peaches!
- ▢5 peaches, peeled, cored, and sliced (about 4 cups)
- ▢3/4 cup granulated sugar
- ▢1/4 teaspoon salt
For the batter:
- ▢6 Tablespoons butter
- ▢1 cup all-purpose flour
- ▢1 cup granulated sugar
- ▢2 teaspoons baking powder
- ▢1/4 teaspoon salt
- ▢3/4 cup milk
- ▢ground cinnamon
- Add the sliced peaches, sugar, and salt to a saucepan and stir to combine.
- *(If using canned peaches, skip steps 1 & 2 and follow the directions starting at step 3)
- Cook on medium heat for just a few minutes, until the sugar is dissolved and helps to bring out juices from the peaches. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Slice butter into pieces and add to a 9×13 inch baking dish. Place the pan in the oven while it preheats, to allow the butter to melt. Once melted, remove the pan from the oven.
- In a large bowl mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Stir in the milk, just until combined. Pour the mixture into the pan, over the melted butter, and smooth it into an even layer.
- Spoon the peaches and juice (or canned peaches, if using) over the batter. Sprinkle cinnamon generously over the top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 38-40 minutes. Serve warm, with a scoop of ice cream, if desired.
To substitute canned peaches, use a 1-quart jar, undrained.
Calories: 386kcalCarbohydrates: 66gProtein: 4gFat: 12gSaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 33mgSodium: 211mgPotassium: 496mgFiber: 2gSugar: 48gVitamin A: 915IUVitamin C: 10.4mgCalcium: 108mgIron: 1.5mg