Philly Cheesesteak made with juicy, tender Ribeye steak, bell peppers, melted Smoky Pepper Jack cheese, caramelized onion, and Portobello mushrooms, served on a toasted garlic butter sandwich bun. Perfect Homemade Authentic Philly Cheesesteak Sandwich every time!
What is a Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich?
Philly Cheesesteak is actually not a steak sandwich, it is a sandwich made with frozen and really thinly sliced rib-eye steak, caramelized onion, green bell pepper, Portabello mushrooms and American cheese. The place of origin is Philadelphia.
I should say, it is one of our very favorite dinners. If you are a cheesesteak lover like us and you wish to make it in the comfort of your own home, you are in the right place!
Which Cut of Beef is the best for Philly Cheesesteak?
In a classic Philly cheesesteak, rib-eye steak is used. It is super tender and juicy. However, it is a bit pricey. We tried the flank steak and skirt steaks, they worked really well. The secret is to cut your steak super thinly. I know it seems near impossible to do it! But I have my pro-chef tips for you.
Philly Cheesesteak made with juicy, tender Ribeye steak, bell peppers, melted Smoky Pepper Jack cheese, caramelized onion, and Portobello mushrooms, served on a toasted garlic butter sandwich bun.
- Ribeye steak (trimmed & thinly sliced)- 600 gm / 1.3 lbs
- Black pepper- ½ tsp.
- Salt -½ tsp.
- Medium onion ( sliced) -1
- Vegetable oil- 4 tbsp, divided
- Portobello mushrooms ( sliced)-250 gm
- Green bell pepper ( sliced)-1
- Longhorn Pepper Jack cheese ( natural hickory smoked)- 8 slices
- Sandwich buns ( ½ sliced though)-4
- Salted butter (softened)- 2 tbs.
- Garlic clove (minced)-1
- Mayonnaise – as needed
The Best Macaroni Salad Recipe
- In a large skillet heat 2 tbsp. of vegetable oil over medium heat. Add the sliced onion and cook until caramelized, about 10 minutes, then add mushrooms, green bell pepper and season with salt. Cook another 5 min, stirring from time to time. Keep aside.
- In a large skillet heat the remaining 2 tbsp. of oil, then add the thinly sliced steak and spread in an even layer. Cook until brown undisturbed, then stir and season with salt and pepper. Cook steak until it is done or reaches desired doneness, about 5 minutes.
- Divide into 4 even portions and blanket each with 1-2 slices of Longhorn Pepper Jack cheese. Cover the skillet with the lid and turn off the heat so the cheese will melt without overcooking the meat, about 2- 3 minutes.
- In a small bowl mix together garlic and butter.
- Slice sandwich buns ½ through.
- Spread garlic butter onto the cut sides of 4 sandwich buns.
- Toast buns in a pan on the stove. In a heavy-bottomed pan over medium-high heat, cook buns for a couple of minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
- Stuff each bun with the sautéed veggies and top with cheesy steak, then layer mayonnaise, if desired.
- Serve immediately.
5 thoughts on “Philly cheesesteak”
Αt this timе I am ready to do my breakfast, when having my breakfast coming yet ɑgaіn to
read mоre neᴡs.
each timе і used to read smaller posts which as weⅼl clear their motivе, and that is also happening with this paragraph which
I am reading now.
Hey veｒy cool blog!! Mɑn .. Beautіfuⅼ .. Superb
.. I’ll bookmark your website and tɑkｅ the feeds additionaⅼly?
I’m happy to sеek out numerous helpful info here withіn the submit, we’d like deveⅼop more strategies on tһis
regard, thank you for sharing. . . . . .
Rfqtnk https://newfasttadalafil.com/ – Cialis Viijha Treat with a broadspectrum penicillinaseresistant antibiotic. Cialis achat medicament cialis https://newfasttadalafil.com/ – Cialis