This is a classic, tasty, and oh-so-easy macaroni salad recipe! Made with classic ingredient staples including celery, red pepper, and onion and dressed up in a simple creamy mayo-based dressing, this is guaranteed to be a hit at every cookout and potluck this year!
Be sure to check out the easy video that shows step-by-step how to make this recipe!
We have had a non-stop week of rain here.
Zach’s first two softball games of the season have been rained out and I’m beginning to forget what the sun looks like (I’m only slightly dramatic I promise 😉). I am completely over it. I’m ready for summertime sunshine and cookout weather, and with Memorial Day weekend just around the corner, I’m taking the opportunity to prepare and share my all-time favorite macaroni salad recipe, even if it is grey and gloomy outside.
- ▢8 oz macaroni noodles (227g)
- ▢½ cup finely diced sweet gherkins usually 4-6 sweet gherkins for me (80g)
- ▢¾ cup finely diced red bell pepper about ½ pepper (100g)
- ▢⅓ cup thinly sliced celery about 1-2 stalks (55g)
- ▢⅓ cup finely diced red onion (45g)
- ▢2 large hard-boiled eggs, finely diced
Macaroni Salad Dressing
- ▢¾ cup mayonnaise I use olive oil mayo (175g)
- ▢¼ cup sour cream (70g)
- ▢2 Tablespoons sweet pickle juice
- ▢1 Tablespoon red wine vinegar*
- ▢1 Tablespoon granulated sugar
- ▢2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- ▢¼ teaspoon salt
- ▢¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ▢⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- ▢⅛ teaspoon crushed red pepper optional