Steamed Vanilla Cupcake
These super-soft, fluffy, and moist Steamed Vanilla Cupcakes are not too sweet for Asian taste so it’d be awesome for breakfast, and snacks and can even cure midnight hunger.
I made it for my family and all of them absolutely loved it. You can make it in no time and it’s a foolproof recipe that everyone can make.
- 1 egg
- 100g all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 4g custard powder (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 55g sugar
- 80ml milk
- 12g vegetable oil
Steamed Vanilla Cupcake Instructions:
- In a large bowl, crack 1 large egg and add 55g sugar and 1 tsp vanilla extract. Whisk until light and fluffy
- Sift dry ingredients including 100g flour, 1tsp baking powder, and 4g custard powder to the bowl. Mix well
- Add ¼ tsp salt, 80ml milk, and 12g oil to the mixture. Whisk until the batter is smooth.
- Prepare 4 cupcake molds and put 4 cupcake liners inside, divide the batter evenly into the cupcake mold.
- Boil water in a steamer and put the cupcake mold inside when the water starts to boil. Cover the steamer with a clean kitchen cloth and cover the lid, steam under medium heat for 17 minutes
- Take the cupcakes out, wait for them to cool down, and enjoy.