- ▢1 lb ground beef
- ▢1 medium yellow onion chopped
- ▢1 small green pepper seeded and chopped
- ▢3 cloves garlic minced
- ▢2 tsp chili powder
- ▢3/4 tsp salt
- ▢1/3 tsp pepper
- ▢3 medium zucchini cubed
- ▢2 large tomatoes seeded and diced
- ▢1/4 c. water
- ▢1 c. uncooked instant brown rice
- ▢1 c. shredded Colby jack cheese
- Cook ground beef with onion and pepper in a large skillet over medium-high heat until no longer pink, about 5-7 minutes; drain.
- Stir in seasonings, vegetables, water, and rice; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer until rice is tender about 10-15 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese. Remove from heat; let stand until cheese is melted.
- If you have leftovers they will keep in the refrigerator for three to four days.
- This recipe is great for meal prep – you can easily make it ahead, store it in the fridge, and then heat it up for easy dinners and lunches.
- You can also easily customize it – you can leave out veggies you don’t like and double up on the ones you do! Or, switch up the spices for a different flavor.
- We love cheddar cheese, but you can use any good melting cheese that you like! Monterey jack, provolone, Swiss cheese, pepper jack… there are a lot of options to try.
- A frequently asked question is if that’s enough water and it depends on the amount of water content in your zucchini. As the zucchini cooks, it releases water so you won’t need much water. With that being said all zucchini has different water content. If it’s looking a little dry add a little more water to it.
1 thought on “Hamburger And Zucchini Skillet”