This amazing cut of beef is definitely a favorite and in my opinion, one of the most flavorful out there. There is no need for special or fancy ingredients, just steaks, seasonings, a brush of oil, and a pat of butter for perfection.
A Steak That’s Perfect Every Time!
We love this recipe because a simple cut of beef can be transformed into a juicy, tender steak that will leave mouths watering.
Nothing beats a great steak—and they’re even better when they’re made at home!
This is a “foundation” recipe and truly, anyone can make great steaks at home. I’ve shared my favorite tips below.
How to Cook Ribeye Steak (Oven Method)
Just a few simple steps and you’ve got a steakhouse entrée on the table in no time!
- Preheat the oven and a cast iron pan or heavy skillet (per the recipe below).
- Brush steaks with oil and season as desired.
- Cook the steaks for about two minutes on each side. Once steaks are browned on both sides, place the pan in the oven and roast according to the recipe instructions below. Do not overcook.
- Remove pan and place cooked steaks on a plate and add butter pats to each piece. Make a foil tent and let the steaks “rest” for about 5 to 10 minutes. Resting is important to keep them juicy!
- ▢2 ribeye steaks 1″ thick
- ▢2 tablespoons olive oil
- ▢steak seasoning of kosher salt & pepper, to taste
- ▢2 tablespoons butter or herbed
- Remove steaks from the fridge at least 45 minutes before cooking.
- Just before cooking, rub steaks with olive oil and generously season to taste.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Preheat a large cast-iron pan on the stove over medium-high heat.
- Add steaks and cook 2 minutes per side to brown
- Place the pan in the oven and roast for 11-14 minutes or until the steak reaches desired temperature.
- Immediately remove steaks from the pan and place them on a plate to rest. Top steaks with a pat of butter, loosely tent with foil.
- Rest steaks 5-10 minutes before serving.
- Preheat grill to medium heat (approximately 375°F).
- Prepare steaks as above and grill 5-6 minutes per side for medium-rare or 6-7 minutes per side for medium.
- Remove from the grill and top with a pat of butter, loosely tent with foil. Rest steaks 5-10 minutes before serving.
Cook times provided are approximate for a 1″ steak and will vary based on steak thickness and temperature. Remove steaks from the heat about 5° before it reaches the desired temperature as the temperature will continue to rise. The FDA recommends a minimum temperature of 145°F with a 3-minute rest. Rare: 125°F
Medium Well: 155°F
Well: 160°FRest steaks 5-10 minutes before serving.
Calories: 694, Carbohydrates: 1g, Protein: 46g, Fat: 57g, Saturated Fat: 23g, Cholesterol: 168mg, Sodium: 218mg, Potassium: 606mg, Sugar: 1g, Vitamin A: 384IU, Calcium: 16mg, Iron: 4mg
2 thoughts on “Ribeye Steaks”
Hi to ɑll, how is the whole thing, I tһink eveгy one is getting
more from this site, and your ｖiews are pleаsant for new viewers.