With Easter right around the corner, I wanted to create a delicious breakfast. Freshly baked homemade cinnamon rolls are one of my favorite things to make and eat! I used my favorite quick and easy dough recipe combined with Lucky Leaf Strawberry Pie filling. Let’s just say that these were out of this world!
Nothing compares to Lucky Leaf’s pie filling. It was bursting with delicious strawberries inside. Can you imagine a cinnamon roll with a strawberry glaze and strawberries inside when you take a bite? Life just doesn’t get much better than that my friends. Oh wait, it does. These are frosted with a Lemon Cream Cheese glaze. It took these amazing cinnamon rolls to mind-blowing levels. It was the absolute perfect glaze for these delicious strawberry cinnamon rolls.
Cinnamon rolls can be intimidating, especially if you haven’t made them before. Don’t you worry? This recipe is perfect for those that want it quick and easy. I am impatient when it comes to dough anyway. I don’t want to wait for hours for them to rise. I want to be able to throw everything in the oven within an hour and enjoy the deliciousness ASAP! Once you use this dough recipe, it will become your favorite! And once you try the amazing strawberry flavor in these cinnamon rolls, you will make them for your family again and again!
- ▢3 1/4 cups flour
- ▢2 tsp instant yeast
- ▢1/4 cup white sugar
- ▢1/2 teaspoon salt
- ▢1 egg
- ▢1/4 cup water
- ▢3/4 cup milk
- ▢1/3 cup butter softened
- ▢1 can Lucky Leaf Strawberry Pie Filling 21 ounce
- ▢2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ▢1/2 teaspoon sugar
Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting:
- ▢4-ounce cream cheese softened
- ▢3 Tablespoons butter softened
- ▢1 cup powdered sugar
- ▢1/4 cup half and half
- ▢2 teaspoons lemon juice
- ▢1 Tablespoon lemon zest one lemon
- ▢1 teaspoon vanilla
- To make the dough: In a small saucepan over medium-low heat add the milk and butter. Stir until the butter has melted and remove from heat. Let stand until lukewarm temperature.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together 2 ¼ cups of flour, yeast, sugar, and salt. Add to the stand mixer with a dough hook attached. (You can also make this by hand, just knead until smooth once all of the ingredients are added.) Add the egg and water and mix until just starting to combine. Slowly add in the milk mixture and 1 cup of flour until the dough starts to form and becomes smooth. Let the dough rest for 10 minutes.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough into a large 9×15 square. About 1/4-½ inch thick. Spread strawberry pie filling evenly on top of the dough. In a small bowl combine the cinnamon and sugar and sprinkle on top of the strawberry filling. Roll up the 15-inch side into a log and pinch the seams. Cut into 9-12 slices depending on how thick you want your cinnamon rolls. Place in a greased 9×13 inch pan and cover with a damp cloth and let rise for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Bake for 30 minutes or until just golden brown on the tops.
- To make the glaze: Beat together the cream cheese, butter, and powdered sugar until smooth. Add the half and half, vanilla, lemon juice, and lemon zest until combined. Frost over warm cinnamon rolls and enjoy!
Serves: 12Calories307kcal (15%)Carbohydrates42g (14%)Protein6g (12%)Fat13g (20%)Saturated Fat8g (40%)Cholesterol49mg (16%)Sodium213mg (9%)Potassium87mg (2%)Fiber1g (4%)Sugar15g (17%)Vitamin A434IU (9%)Vitamin C1mg (1%)Calcium45mg (5%)Iron2mg (11%)
2 thoughts on “STRAWBERRY CINNAMON ROLLS WITH LEMON CREAM CHEESE GLAZE”